Today is day 5 of the 12 Days of Guest Bloggers. Today's beauty advice is written for you by Megan from the Chronicles of Megan. She is an amazing beauty blogger, who creates tutorials, product reviews, and so much more I know you are going to love. Thank you so much for being a part of the 12 Days of Guest Bloggers Megan!
Hi beauties! Megan from thechroniclesofmegan.wordpress.com here and I’m bringing a little holiday cheer to My Violet Delights today. Thanks again to Rachael for letting me guest post for your 12 Days of Guest Bloggers for Christmas!
The holidays can be stressful; it always seems like there are a million things to do! Between work/school, finals, holiday shopping, cooking, cleaning, decorating— it can all get overwhelming. On top of that, the winter cold can have you feeling dehydrated or even under the weather. So, what’s a girl to do? How about “Treat Yo’ Self”?!
A little pamper time is my solution to cure the holiday blues and here’s my easy steps to some festive and moisturizing relaxation:
1. Prep your face: I start with my usual makeup remover and cleanser from my everyday skincare routine to get the face ready for a mask. Then, I go in with an exfoliator to set up a great base for the mask can do the most good for the skin. I’m using Pixi Glow Tonic which is a chemical exfoliant, but use whatever works best for your skin.
2. Apply your mask: To get into the holiday spirit, I’m using the Lush Festive Fresh Face Mask in Cranberry. The kaolin clay in here helps draw out excess oil and impurities in blemishes, and the cranberry provides antioxidants which help brighten the skin! I’m letting this sit for 10 minutes before I hop in the shower.
3. Exfoliate your skin: Once in the shower, I use my Lush Salt and Peppermint Bark, in addition to my usual routine, to slough away the dead, dry skin that the cold winter brings. This solid bar has sea salt to gently exfoliate and cocoa butter to keep skin from over-drying, plus it has a mint scent perfect for the holidays!
4. Hydrate your skin: To lock the moisture into my skin, I use this Burt’s Bees Milk & Honey Lotion. It is lightweight, but still very hydrating!
5. Hydrate your face: Just as before, in order to lock moisture in and protect skin from the harsh cold, I’m first applying a layer of extra hydration with this sample of Michael Todd Hydration Boost Serum, and following up with my usual Julep Elixir Argan Oil.
6. Leave-In Hair Treatment: I find the easiest way to show my hair a little TLC is to use a leave-in treatment like this on damp hair. This Verb Leave-In Mist smells divine and leaves hair extra smooth and silky.
7. Treat & Relax: I’m one of those people that have to constantly be doing something, making it hard for me to unwind. That being said, I sometimes have to incapacitate myself in order for this to happen, and I find the best way to do so is with a nail treatment. After all, a girl is only helpless when her nails are being done. I found these Gel Nail Removers surprisingly at Urban Outfitters from a brand called Kocostar and they are an adequate substitute for removing gel manicures at home. Even though I use them to force me to stay off my phone, they can still be touch-screen responsive though; and if you don’t need to remove a gel manicure, they also have a nourishing nail treatment available. While those were sitting on my nails, I also popped these Tony Moly Panda Dream Eye Treatment Patches on my eyes to hydrate and soothe the eye area.
8. Lip Treatment: To finish things off, I like to give my lips a little extra love. I start with this minty lip scrub from Lush (Mint Julips) and this ultra-hydrating Smith’s Rose & Mint Lip Balm— both a proper festive minty flavor!
And that’s a wrap on this holiday pamper guide! I hope that you enjoyed unwinding with me and found some inspiration for relaxing this holiday season! For even more holiday inspiration, be sure to check out the other 12 Days of Christmas Guest Bloggers posts here, or head on over to thechroniclesofmegan.wordpress.com. Thanks again to Rachael for letting me take over for the day and Happy Holidays to you all!
All my love,
Instagram || Twitter || Google+ || Pinterest || Bloglovin’ ||Facebook
22/12/2015 02:54:50 pm
What a great idea! It's so important to treat yourself in the holiday chaos! Loved the products you mentioned as well. Thanks for sharing :)
22/12/2015 10:40:29 pm
I didn't realize Lush had so many cool products. I thought all they had were soaps lol. I want to try that mask really badly now, thanks so much for sharing!
23/12/2015 07:00:05 am
I am all about pampering yourself but don't seem to take the time to do it. After reading this I think I would like to get the Lush products where I can give myself a mask and exfoliate my skin. That would be awesome!
23/12/2015 07:48:20 am
Awesome post, Megan! I've had my eyes on that PIXI Tonic because I've heard nothing but amazing stuff about it. I definitely need to try that Gel Nail Remover, it sounds fascinating. xo
27/12/2015 09:51:19 am
I love your Holiday Pampering post esp the Julep oil! I did several pampering treats on Christmas Eve after cleaning and cooking!
I love Burt's Bee's!! That would be amazing!
27/12/2015 12:08:03 pm
That scrub looks AMAZING!!💕
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.